Landmark moment this evening….I finished my first Bookshelf Project book! I’m so glad my first happened to be this one….
Tina Fey is hilarious and while reading I couldn’t help but think that we would be perfect best friends. Why? I’m so glad you asked.
6 Reasons Why Tina Fey and I Would Be Perfect Best Friends….
(aka quotes from Bossypants)
- “Defective was a big word in our house. Many things were labeled defective only to miraculously turn functional once the directions had been read more thoroughly.”
- “Do you remember what a cultural phenomenon homemade nachos were? If you are under thirty, you probably don’t even realize there was a time when people didn’t have nachos. We just stood around eating crackers.”
- “When I read fairy tales to my daughter I always change the word “blond” to”yellow” because I don’t want her to think that blond is somehow better.”
- “The person closest to actually achieving the new beauty is Kim Kardashian, who, as we know, was made by Russian scientists to sabotage our athletes.”
- “I should’ve known he and I weren’t going to make it when for my 17th birthday he gave me a box of microwave popcorn and a used battery tester. You know, to test batteries before I put them in my Walkman. Like you give someone when you’re in love.”
- “At ten I asked my mother if I could start shaving my legs. My dark shin fur was hard to ignore in shorts weather…”
This book is a grand, comic vacation from the stiff books I know you having sitting on your night stands. Do yourself a favor and laugh a little.