I have been running non-stop the past couple of days and thus haven’t made it to the gym. For a girl that is now dependent on working out for her mad money, this is not a good thing. I had every intention of going to the gym this evening and when I finally collapsed into my house I realized there was nothing I wanted to do less. I have been pulled in a million different directions and the only thing that sounded remotely exciting was laying in bed and catching up on my Bookshelf Project.
I waved the white flag folks and I’m not ashamed of it.
I needed some serious alone time which brings me to an interesting realization as of late…I am an introvert. I recharge my batteries by checking out of the world. Although I can handle myself at the biggest of gatherings and hop around to different social groups, I truly need time alone to regroup.
It feels weird to say it out loud, almost like I am admitting to having some disorder. Someone mentioned it to me in passing the other day and I had a true ah-ha moment! So I did want anyone would do after an ah-ha moment, I took a quiz to make sure my assumptions were correct.
1. I prefer one-on-one conversations to group activities. I would say I definitely gravitate towards one-on-one
2. I often prefer to express myself in writing. 100,000% true
3. I enjoy solitude. My happy place is trail running in the woods… Solitude? Yes please.
4. I seem to care about wealth, fame, and status less than my peers. Amen
5. I dislike small talk, but I enjoy talking in-depth about topics that matter to me. Was this quiz written for me?
6. People tell me that I’m a good listener. The World’s Best, not to brag or anything.
7. I’m not a big risk-taker. I hate gambling, does that count?
8. I enjoy work that allows me to “dive in” with few interruptions. Work. Egh. I’m skipping this one.
9. I like to celebrate birthdays on a small scale, with only one or two close friends or family members. Jury’s out.
10. People describe me as “soft-spoken” or “mellow.” I am a faux people person. I can chat up pretty much any random stranger on the street. I don’t consider myself shy at all but I am also not the life of the party.
I’m thinking my assumptions are right, but don’t worry about me…I’m an introvert and I’m proud of it! My brain has good company: